About Me

My photo
We are now in Oz after two amazing years of traveling Europe in our home built plane. We met many fantastic people who we are proud to call friends and have gained a much better understanding of the similarities and differences between the cultures of the different European states as well as the history and geography that have lead to these differences. We enjoy meeting people with similar interests to ourselves and learning more about other cultures. Please let us know if you're going to be in Queensland and would like to catch up for a meal and a chat.

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Backdating and other little tricks

as you will have probably suspected, I've been liberally back-dating my posts in order to have the date match up with the events described.  So this is my first real time post!  (Well now I've corrected the date and time to be English and not Australian I suppose it isn't real time anymore!)  I didn't do much at all today: I was feeling pretty ill. So the boys did a sterling job of fibreglassing the tail of the plane (which took all day) and I managed to drag myself out in time to film Julian doing the last little bits of smoothing the cloth down and then putting the bubble wrap 'tent' over the tail of the plane.  About half an hour later we had a moment of intense concern as the smell of burning epoxy spread out in the warehouse, but luckily this appears to have just been ground off particles that have fallen on the coils of the radiator.  We're slowly accumulating a nasty silt of white dust over just about everything in the warehouse.  I got really worried a couple of weeks ago that we had a spider plague, as there were fine pieces of spider silk over everything, but no it was just fiberglass strands.  If I were to work much more with fiberglass I would get myself something looking a bit like a bee keepers suit to keep the stuff away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment